Imaging Platform Alliance (IPA)
Eastern Arc is developing a framework for sharing equipment across the consortium. One area of common interest and potential benefit is around imaging, both in the facilities each university hosts, and in their imaging analysis capability and expertise.
An Imaging Platform Alliance (IPA) has been set up to facilitate work in this specific area. In July 2022 a memorandum of understanding was signed by PVCs and the DVC at the three EARC universities. This set out the parameters and activity for the IPA.
Underlying the IPA are three principles.
- The types of equipment included in the IPA are large, strategic or
platform facilities, rather than small-scale items held in individual labs.
- The administrative processes for accessing the equipment should be,
where possible, simple and unbureaucratic.
- The IPA will, where relevant, include provision for training.
To apply for funding to access imaging equipment across EARC
Staff at Eastern Arc universities can apply to access imaging equipment at any of the member institutions. Details of how to do so are here.
The IPA is led by a steering group. The membership is as follows, but members may be co-opted as necessary.
- Dr James Mccoll (Bio Imaging Platform Manager)
- Prof Andrea Munsterberg (Professor of Developmental Biology)
- Dr Tony Hinchcliffe (Instrument Platform Manager)
- Gregor Grant (Technical Services Manager)
- Dr Philippe Laissue (Senior Lecturer in Bioimaging)
- Dan Knox (Head of Embedded IT and Technical Services)
- Prof Campbell Gourlay (Professor in Cell Biology)
- Jo Scamp (Technical Manager (Technician Commitment))