Episode 22: Volunteering during the pandemic – outcome of the project
21 January 2022
In December 2020 we talked to four researchers about a project that looked at volunteering in the four nations of the UK during the pandemic. At the time they had just received funding from the Economic and Social Research Council and were just beginning to get started on the research.
In this episode our Director Phil Ward talks to them a year on to see how the project went, what they learnt and where they go from here. As well as two of the original researchers we talked to others who undertook the research within each of the four nations.
- Irene Hardhill, Professor, Northumbria University
- Eddy Hogg, Senior Lecturer, University of Kent
- Laura Crawford, Lecturer at the University of Birmingham, and previously Senior Research Fellow for the project
- Rhys Dafydd Jones, Lecturer, Aberystwyth University
- Denise Hayward, CEO, Volunteer Now
- Matthew Linning, Strategic Performance Manager, Volunteer Scotland
- Amy McGarvey, Research Manager, NCVO
Back to podcasts